It’s January and most of the people have picked up New Year Resolutions. It has been scientifically proven that people stick to NY resolutions for a week or two. I think if you really want a change in your life or become better, you don’t really need a New Year. Undoubtedly, all it takes is strong will/desire/power. Believe in yourself!
My holidays were extremely overwhelming. I spent Christmas at home with my family, it was all about eating good food (especially mummy’s specialities:), partying hard with my friends….having fun and embracing life. My gym routine has been set to 0, healthy lifestyle too. That’s why I decided to treat my body and boost my immune system. I decided to have 2 days of detox. This smoothie is high in proteins and believe me that was all I ate in 2 days and I did not feel any hunger which was extremely surprising.
For Green Winter Detox Smoothie you need (see the photo above):
Serves: 4 Preparation: 15 minutes Difficulty: 1
3 (small) Apples
2 cups of Kale
2 teaspoons of Ginger
3 teaspoons of Omega Mix Seeds
Half of Avocado
- Combine the Apples, Kale, Ginger, Kiwis, Avocado, Omega Mix Seeds and Cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with the extra cinnamon and serve.
- Omega Mix is blended mix of hulled pumpkin, sunflower & sesame seeds with golden & brown linseed that has been shown to maintain a healthy heart. High in: Fibre, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc, Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Kale is high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin (a carotenoid similar to lutein), calcium and fiber. It has anti-cancer, anti-diabetic and anti-microbial, besides that it is powerful antioxidant.
- Ginger is is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger may improve brain functionality too.
- Avocado is very nutritious and high in fibre. Scientifically proven people who eat avocado are healthier.
- Kiwi is high in Vitamin C.
- Apples help you detoxify your liver, boost your immune system and many more.
- Cinnamon is powerful antioxidant and helps you with weight loss.
Let me know if you like it or share your favourite smoothie with me!